Work With Agatha
Now Hiring A Community Engagement Manager!
Job Title: Community Engagement Manager & Personal Assistant to CEO
Company: Plant Ma Shop by Agatha Isabel
Location: Bolsa Chica, CA (In-person position with potential for remote work in the future)
Schedule: Mondays & Fridays Preferred, Some Weekends with Advance Notice through Winter 2023. Initially 4 hours a week during ramp, up to 12 to 20 spending on ability to take ownership of business processes
Agatha Isabel is an author, business owner and privacy professional with a dynamic and growing business operating at the intersection of literary community events, plant and art retail, and marketing/sales promotion. I am seeking a dedicated and motivated person to join our team and contribute to our success. This role offers the opportunity for growth and development in a unique and exciting small business.
Tangible success looks like: 2 planned quality events, support with launching new product 1x per month, new creative growth through campaigns, maintaining B2B growth and own tasks to free up owners time to focus on events
1) Business Process Support: Help with the optimization and improvement of our small business processes. We are a small team looking to grow! Includes outreach to physical stores to ensure book stock, pitching events, and related business development follow ups. Manage book of B2B contacts and support direct customer engagement as needed.
2) In-Person Support: Be present in Huntington Beach on designated days (Mondays & Fridays preferred) and occasionally on weekends (1-2x a month), as needed, to assist with various events (book signings, plant pop-ups and other author events). Must be able to be present at events across southern-california with future travel opportunities.
3) Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service to our clients and customers. Be able to be dynamic based on the needs of different types of people in person and/or online.
4) Dynamic Communicator: Effectively communicate and collaborate with a team, as this role may also involve remote work in the future. Team includes freelancers, and seasonal hires.
5) Social Media: Utilize social media platforms to promote our events and products effectively. (Mostly IG, sometimes FB, maybe eventually TikTok.) Bonus if you have newsletter and membership building experience.
- 2+ years in some type of retail, small business, local markets experience.
- A Jack of all trades types, with an ability to focus on specific tasks during specific busy seasons (i.e. event planning during events, shop management during busy sales periods, etc.)
- Connection to the Plant Community: If you have a passion for plants or are connected to the plant community, it's a plus!
- Diversity and Inclusion: We value diversity and encourage candidates who identify as BIPOC, Female, LGBTQ+ to apply.
- Bookish Background:If you have a love for books and are an avid reader, that's an extra asset!
- Website Experience: Experience with website management or maintenance is a valuable skill.
- Starting $16 with room to grow. Paid via Business Venmo account and 1099 employee.
- Opportunity for growth within the company and be my right hand person for in person needs.
- Engaging work environment at the intersection of various interests (Small Business, Plant Community, Literature, Art)
- Meet the most amazing small business owners and attend some of the coolest and most fun events.
How to Apply:
If you're passionate about plants, books, marketing, and sales promotion, and you meet the above qualifications, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you think you would be a good fit along with how you found this listing - email@example.com.
Plant Ma Shop by Agatha Isabel is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Meet the Team
Jennifer Gagliardi - Community Manager
Jennifer is an art historian and curator living in Nashville Tennessee. She grew up with an orchid collector mother, and started collecting plants in 2018. Through covid she cultivated a small garden in her one bedroom apartment. In the spring of 2021 Jennifer and Agatha connected over their love of plants and interest in bringing this enthusiasm into the community. Together they held several plant swaps, giveaways for community fundraising, and spent time designing Houseplant Community swag. Most recently, she has been supporting Agatha on her book project. She loves ferns, alocasias, and talking cats and plants.
Erin Bloom - Marketing and Social Media Support
Hi! I'm an actor, a creative in the advertising space, and new to keeping plants alive and thriving. Agatha and I met right after I moved to LA and shortly before she moved to DC/NY. Countless Spotify playlists, tv show recommendations, concerts, 2 matching tattoos, and 10 years later we’re still best friends. Her support, humor, and kindness are endless - there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for her. Since the beginning I’ve helped edit videos and photos, created graphics for her packaging and social media posts, and I am always happy to help her narrow down which photos to post when she has too many great options.
Sophia Wilhoit - Events & Shop Assistant
Sophia is currently a rising senior at Loyola Marymount University majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in English. In 2020, Sophia discovered her love for houseplants during quarantine and has been growing her collection ever since. She also loves working in her garden, reading, discovering cute coffee shops in LA, and hanging with her friends and her cat Togo. As Agatha’s assistant, Sophia provides support for events, her upcoming book launch, marketing and general assistance to Agatha.